Archive for the ‘Japan’ Category
Konichiwa, friends! If you follow me on Instagram, you’ll notice that I’m currently in the Land of the Rising Sun. My better half is at home with Nugget, but my little brother and I have still been able to get into some mischief making while in Tokyo. We’re here for another day and then off to Seoul for the rest of the week. Here are a few shots from our adventures:
- Breakfast at the Tsukiji Fish Market. Phenomenally delicious and fresh.
- Our AirBnB host provided us with a bag of ‘instant’ coffee, which includes a built in individual filter that pops over your mug. Pour hot water over and…wonder why America’s instant coffee tastes so horrendous.
- Imperial Palace East Gardens
- Ginza, known for its luxury shopping, looks like someone laid out the designer Rolodex building by building. But seriously, what can you fill 12 floors of Cartier with?
- Meiji Jingu Shrine- went here in the afternoon and was fortunate enough to spot a Japanese wedding!
- Tokyo Skytree, the tallest tower in the world.
- My brother isn’t particularly tall at 5’9″, but appears to dwarf some of the furniture here. He also wears a size ‘Large’ in clothing…
- Which also leading to a few chuckles when I spotted this tag in a Zara.
- Maryland is keeping it real in Tokyo. Spotted this number in Harajuku, a mecca for young fashionistas.
- My favorite part of Tokyo is the numerous drugstores that flank the streets. Japanese women take their skincare very seriously, so these stores are oftentimes floors upon floors of various skin and makeup goodies.
- Louise Bourgeois’ ‘Maman’ sculpture in Roppongi Hills. No room for arachnophobia here.
- The Mori Art Museum is currently hosting the largest ever Warhol exhibition to be presented in Japan.
- There is a staggering amount of ramen EVERYWHERE (I know, I know…duh.) Gobbled this tsukemen at Tetsu in Roppongi Hills.
- Tokyo City View observation deck at Mori Tower.
- The view from Tokyo City View.