Christmas is quick upon us, and if you’re like me, your gift shopping progress is…zilch. Since I’ve been brainstorming what to gift to others, I figured I’d share my findings with you. If you’ve read our Build a Home Mini Bar guide, you’ll know that we like our imbibements at Casa de Darwin. Should you find yourself wondering what to gift your friend who enjoys partaking in beverage sipping of the alcoholic variety, look no further: 13 days till Christmas, 13 gift ideas that will make you want to drink.
2. Infusion jar + glass bottles– D and I recently decided to try our hand at infusing liquor (details in a future post). While there are any number of fancy infusion jars out there, we found that a large Mason jar or any airtight glass container works just as well (we’ll strain the final product through cheesecloth). And to store the concoctions? An airtight glass bottle, paired with some pretty packaging.
3.Wine Preserver– A friend bought me this preserver set years ago, and its so useful for those weeknights when drinking an entire bottle of wine is just not a (sensible) option
5. Cocktail Picks– Nothing says shmancy like a pair of non-toothpick cocktail picks.
7. Copper Mugs– I have been eyeing copper mugs for the longest time (I feel like an imposter every time I drink a Moscow Mule from a regular highball). I may need to bite the bullet for these monogrammed Mark & Graham mugs. Overstock also sells a set of 4 for a much lower cost-per-mug price.
8. Bar Tools– Pretty bar tools give a drink a certain je ne sais quoi, don’t you think?
10. Decanter/Glassware Set– I am constantly scrounging around for wine glasses. For those who are just getting started, this set makes a great gift.
11. Bar Cart– Because the only thing preventing you from buying more alcohol is finding a place to store it. This Target bar cart has wow-ed the blogosphere over the past few months as an attractive, affordable option.
12. Soda Stream– Who hasn’t seen one of these contraptions and dreamed about fizzy wine? Okay, I know the makers say you’re not supposed to put anything but water in this, but mark my words- I will find a way to fizzyfy myself some bubbly (a little bird told me I may or may not be getting one of these for Christmas). And if not…then there’s always infused sodas, highly useful for customizing your beverage.
13. Julibox Subscription– For the friend who has it all, or for the friend that never knows what to drink, Julibox is cocktail discovery subscription service: each month the subscriber receives the ingredients needed to make two different cocktails. Subscriptions start at $40/month.